Thursday, November 30, 2017

The No Texting Update

It's been three weeks and this No Texting/No Social Media thing and it keeps getting better and better. Everyday I enjoy it in different ways. Like a waterfall rushing over the edge, the (major and subtle) lifestyle changes of this new/old way of life are flooding me. 

I'm serious. We are talking about major shifts in the undercurrents of my life. 


Here is the scorecard of the first two weeks. I have: 

1. Written letters.
2. Received notes.
3. Drained two pens of their ink.
4. Journaled semi-regular
5. Finished two books, halfway through my third.
6. Taken daily catnaps. 
7. Had several good meet-ups with friends. 
8. Invited even more friends over.

Things in my life feel so much better than before. Part of me wants to stop and thoroughly take inventory of all the changes, big and small, that I've experienced. The loudest part of me doesn't want to worry about figuring out the changes. This is a novel feeling for me, but I believe it: I don't have to know all the ways it is better to know that it is better. Meaning, I don't have to list out all the pros and cons and see the large list of pros to validate that this has been a good decision for me. Everything feels better. Everything. 

There is a disclaimer: I have mixed reviews from my family. One person is understanding and supportive, two people are outright critical, the rest are indifferent. If I'm being honest, I miss sharing pictures and moments with my family. That has been the biggest sacrifice. It's hard on everyone. 

Nonetheless, I love it and I'm not sure that I will ever go back!


3 comments:

  1. you can count me in the "outright critical" category. DISLIKE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I was just about to text you to see if my guesses were correct about which family member feels which way. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...