Sunday, March 10, 2013

This Week's Menu

I absolutely love to hear John's thoughts about food, especially when he learns of a new product.  This week, he found out about pre-made PB&J's and cheese cubes.  He is always shocked at what can be bought.  The cheese cubes, which have been around for a while, really got to him.  I think his exact words were, "what's wrong with America that we can't slice cheese, turn it 90 degrees and slice it again? Really? We can't even do that?"  

It's even better when he tells me about conversations he has with his coworkers.  They spotted his roasted beets and were joking about them.  John explained that he didn't love them either, but anything that tastes like dirt is probably good for him.  He started talking about balsamic reduction, and he said he lost them at that point.  It's fun times!


This week I'm not posting my menu, because I have no idea what I'm making.  Burl's party blew up my grocery budget for the week, so I'm going to have to get creative with our meals.  I have about $20 for 4 dinners.  I can do this.  I know I can.  Beans and pastas, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. the cheese cubes gross me out. i'd like to sit in on one of john's work convos, though. sorry your budget is blown, but the federal bake shop cake was so worth it. and the ham sandwiches. waiting for a bday party post....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...