Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Farm Trip, Spring 2014

Given my track record with animals, I believe that our trips to Pops' Farm are a little bit lost on me. I'm trying to change and truly embrace animals, so I can allow my kids their own opinions to grow. They can be afraid if they want to, but I don't want that to be my fear they inherit. Plus, I get some good eggs and some good beef from these animals, so I should probably act more grateful. 


We made our first Spring visit to the farm last week. As it goes for any child, Burl and Fern love it up there. They have a list of things that happens every time that we go: feed the chickens and the cows, eat something cooked in a microwave and on a fire, collect eggs, dig for worms, go fishing, ride 4-wheelers, and get to stay outside for most of the day. I'm grateful that they get to do this, but I don't think I'll understand the positive impact it will have on them until they are older. For now, I'll wonder what this means for them while I enjoy watching them play farmer kids:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...