Friday, December 10, 2010

Burl, 9 Months



With all this crafting and decorating and Christmas cheer, I haven't written about Burl for almost a week.  I know that the grandparents are eager to see some Burl pictures.



This week, Burl turned 9 months old.  He's in the 77% for weight (the lowest it's been since birth) and 95% for height.  He crawls, army-crawl-version, he feeds himself, he loves to play.  His favorite things to play are:



Fall off the bed/chair.  This requires a quick mom to catch him.  So far, I've been there for all of them.  Where did he get this game?  None other than Crazy Uncle Joe, of course.


That's not the only game Broseph taught him.  He has been introduced to the blue exercise ball that has captivated many kids that have come through this house.  


Broseph bounced and played on it with Burl for 30 minutes, and he could have gone for more. Anytime we go into the den, he looks for it and goes for it.  Loves it.


He also loves, loves, loves to play stand-up.  (Not stand-up comedy, well not at this point.  But a mom can dream, can't she?)  Just plain, stand up and hold onto something.  The back of the chair, the back of the sofa, the window bench.  He loves it.  


What a perfect time to bring out the play-table-thing that was handed down from the cousins.  It lights up, plays songs, and says the alphabet, but what Burl really loves is that book in the center.  It has one page, and he loves to flip it back and forth, back and forth.  


What he doesn't love but has come to tolerate is getting his nose wiped.  (The doctor told me that babies' first winter they get sick every two weeks.  Hello, aloe tissues!)


All this playtime, wiping and fun is great.  Everyone told me that "it goes by so fast," but I didn't realize how true that was until BAAM, there went 9 months.  There is the quote that goes, "the days are long and the years are short."  It's a lie.  The days are short too.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...call me sometime and I'll tell you about some not-so-short days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, Your comments are starting to get more and more cynical. I'm not sure I like it. Let's go back to that quick wit of yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever have mastitis with an infant, toddler and two preschoolers?

    Okay, you're right...my excuse is sick kids coupled with an out-of-town husband and growing to-do lists. I'll try to be on my best behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, that sounds awful. I think that for Christmas, Santa needs to bring you a vacation, kid-free.

    Also, I would like to offer my painting skills to you. Pick your color for your living room and I'll be there! Jonathan can watch Burl, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that some plastic in your house?

    Julie, you crack me up! And Sandi told me the other day I needed to check out your blog and I about fell off my chair! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lara, yes, it's plastic. FREE plastic...beggars can't be choosers??? If Burl wants to play with it, then I leave the room. Me or the plastic. His choice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...