Thursday, December 16, 2010

One Quirky Sister

There is a new blog that I am very excited about.  I'm more excited about this blog than I've ever ever ever been about a blog before.  It's called One Quirky Sister.  Here's the gal:



Isn't she adorable?  She my cousin and her name is Abby and she is "a spunky teenager who is very independent and outgoing."  Here are some facts about Abby:

1. She drives a white VW bug.  It has a flower vase by the steering wheel.
2. She wants to be a teacher.
3. She is going away to college.  Sniff, sniff.
4. She is a babysitter extraodinaire, like the kind that folds your laundry and cleans your house while doing super fun things with your babies.
5. She lurvs Burl.
6. One of her best friends lives two doors down from me.
7. She is in student leadership.
8. She is SUCH a cute dresser.  Like, super cute.
9. She loves to dance.
10. She is an actress at school.
11. She has a beautiful, older cousin who has a baby named Burl.
12. She is one inch shorter than me and this makes me nervous because she might keep growing and I might have to pass on the crown for tallest person in the family.  I like that crown and I'm not ready to pass it up.  Thank goodness I still have the crown for being the most awesomest out of all the cousins. 
13. She's loud...like really, loud, but not as loud as me.



 Another great thing about her is that she sends super cute, fun mail.  Remember this sweet card that she sent me?  Well, last week, she sent me another card.  And I fell even more in love with her.  I lurv it.

Also, she has some pretty awesome sisters.  One of them is a little bit younger than her, drives a really cool old, red, truck, has short hair, a funky style, and loves photography.  Her old sister is way cool too.  She is a nurse, great babysitter, spent a year in Colorado, and I love getting to talk and catch up with her.



I would also like to take a minute to say (if you can't tell by now) that these 3 sisters are so cool and so great.  John and I got to babysit them overnight a few times and he agrees that these girls turned out great.  Once, John and I asked my aunt and uncle what they did as parents to make their kids so great.  Here was what we got: "Um, I have no idea.  Thanks, you're so sweet."  No really, what do you do?  "Well, I apologize to them a lot."  

To be honest, I think that's pretty good parenting advice-and good LIFE advice as well.

This post wasn't really about that story, it just kind of popped in here.  This post is about my new favorite blog, ONE QUIRKY SISTER.  Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. MEGATRON!
    thank you so so much,
    you're so sweet & that made me very happy!
    i'll be returning the favor!
    xo ab

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...