Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cookie Exchange Packaging, 2011

At what point do we learn that not everyone wants the same things?  It wasn't until recently that I learned that not everyone wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom.  Not everyone loves babies.  In high school, I LOVED babysitting.  So much so that I would tell the parents to pay me less than what they normally paid babysitters.  I couldn't take all that money to do something I would have done for free.  Gosh-I just love kids.  Always have, probably always will.


Another thing that I love that not everyone does is paper and wrapping stuff and making packaging cute.  I love doing it.  So when people act all shocked that my cookie exchange gets into the packaging as much as the cookies, I am shocked right back?  Like, "what, who wouldn't want to hand make something cute and pretty?"


We all have things we like that others don't get and that's ok and cool and makes the world go 'round.  

What made my world go round?  When my mom called and said, "ok, I finished my cookie exchange bags.  Do you want me to bring one by so you can see it?" I got all excited.  I loved her aqua bag, green leaf, and rolled flower.  It's not very Crimmas-sy, but it's so cute.

She got the rolled flower idea from my lamp, and I...  


...got my cookie exchange box idea from her bag.  See, world-going-round.


We both agreed that there are no brown flowers out there, and we both agreed that we didn't care.  We made them anyways.  And that is what I call fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...