Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Decorations, 2011

Like I said, with our newborn daughter, this year's holiday decorations are a little on the minimalist side.  

Pictures + Greenery = Free and Easy is the name of my game this year.  Why not take what's laying around and make it festive. Here is what we got, please, hold the applause til the end:


What can't be experienced here is the smell of the tree.  If I could, then I would make this picture scratch and sniff and everyone could scratch their computer screens and take in the smell of Christmas.  Props to you, motha-nature.  You done good.


This window frame below gets changed out often.  

wreath + holiday picture {taped} + manger scene + clippings + votive candle = just enough.
Oh, how I love to grab what I can from the clippings bin.  There are clippings of Christmas cheer  throughout my house.  More for us to smell and way cheaper than flowers.


All those Christmas cards?  I strung them up in my dining room.  I absolutely LOVE Christmas cards!  Besides the fact that they're mail, pictures, pretty paper, I love having recent pictures of all my friends.  This year, I decided to let each one show.  Everyday, I get to add a few more.  


And they're ya go.  A tour of my very few, very minimal, Christmas decorations.  

Now you can applaud.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed my tour of your decorated home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your windowpane! I want to do something like that. I have the pane, just can't decide what to do with it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've decorated your home beautifully! Following you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful Meg! Happy Holidays! ~Deb~

    PS...thanks for getting back to me about the paint info too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! gorgeous home!!! i love your living room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...