Sunday, April 22, 2012

This Week's Menu

For structure and consistency, I post my weekly menu on Sundays.

This week, it's looking a little fancy-smancy.  Crab and brie are on the menu.  I finally busted out the cookbook that my sister-in-law got me for Christmas.  It's the one that our Junior League just published and it is beautiful.  As for cookbooks go, it is quite nice.  I've been a little intimidated by it though.  Because some of the things require crab. or brie. and one of the chapters is titled "ladies that lunch."  Even though I use that line on a semi-regular basis, it's all in good fun.  The fanciest lunch that I did this week-eating off the $1 menu at Wendy's with the kids while Burl pointed at all the construction men and yelled "Da-ee.  Boots."  Because somewhere in Burl's 2 y.o. mind, a Dadee is someone who wears carharts, boots, and looks like they're ready to do construction.

Well, these boys are eating crab and brie and will proudly use cloth napkins.
That's right, cloth napkins-STAINED cloth napkins, to be exact.

  
{click on picture for link}

Summertime Brie Pasta
Crab Quiche, steamed broccoli
BBQ Baked Potatoes already ate this for dinner last night
Cream of Broccoli Soup, BLT's
Pintos, mashed potatoes, green beans

2 comments:

  1. I love your menu posts. Would you share your recipes too? I'm intrigued as to how you will prepare/serve pintos, potatoes and green beans.
    Thanks, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Chattanooga's Jr. League won "cookbook of the year" at the national Jr. League conference so it must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...