Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I Wore

I did it again.  I took pictures of myself and my snazzy little outfits.  Ok, they're not snazzy, but I'll admit that I think layering tees should be considered "sassy."  I love the layered look, but more than that, I like layering because it makes things longer.  Being 6 feet tall, I need all the help I can making my clothes fit my height.  

Also, I would like to say that knowing I was doing this influenced how I dressed.  I would like to say I put together a very cute outfit, but that's not how it is.  I wanted my pictures to reflect how I am everyday.  My everyday is a quick dress while I raise two babies.  In the winter, I approach my dress like this, "which jeans?  which tee/cardigan combo am I going with today?"  We had warmer weather this past week, which made for some flip-flop days.  Flips might have been pushing it a bit, but we love chacos in this house.  John even wears his flip flops with socks, giving himself a toe wedgey/wedgy.  True story.

Also, I think that it's silly fun to do this little What I Wear thing, so I'm laughing in most of my pictures.  Silly fun is the name of my game these days.  

Not sure what I was doing when I wore this.  Probably a combination of park, play, and being a mama.
Tee-Gap
Layering tank-Old Navy
Jeans-Walmart
Baby-Corner of my heart via uterus

Rainy day at home with a girls' trip to a fabric sale in Georgia
Funky Sweater that sits high in the back-Gap SUPER clearance
Tee-Gap
Layering tank-Old Navy
Jeans-Walmart

Church and out to eat lunch
(when I came out in this shirt, Burl kept looking at it.  I pretty much stick to tee's.  John saw it and said, "cute" and I asked if I looked like a boy.  Still working on believing those compliments.)
Shirt-Gap Outlet
Jeans-Walmart

This is what I put on for dinner-I had my high school girls over.  Before that, I was in other clothes all day because all I did was stay home and go for a walk to the grocery store.
Jeans-Walmart
Long sleeve tee-Gap Outlet, years ago
Layering tank-Gap Maternity.  Love the length!

 Bible study, playground, lunch at my dad's, naps, trip to the farm
Jeans-Walmart 
White tee-Old Navy
Open Cardi-Old Navy

There it is.  Nothing special.  Just plain silly fun with a dash of self-indulgence.  

1 comment:

  1. I've been lurking around your outfit posts like a stalker. Have you been able to tell? I think you're handling regular self portraits with aplomb! I know it isn't easy and whenever you show your face, you look pretty and natural. (These are not always easy ways to look...) Keep up the good work, stylish mama.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...