Monday, February 27, 2012

This Week's Menu

Breaking news.  This just in: I'm getting all my groceries at Publix now.  I've been a huge fan and follower of Walmart for a while.  I would buy most groceries at Walmart, get meat at Publix or Fresh Market, and even hit up local stands for fresh produce.  It was turning into quite the production, so I'm stopping that for now.  I'm getting everything at Publix (but I'm sure to hit local stands when the spring hits).  All it took was for me to have two children to realize the joy of one-stop shop.  

Walmart is great and everything, but it always took me a while to come down from the frenzy it sent me into.  Their big buggies to push, the crowds and someone always blocking me in the isles.  I hate to be judgmental, but the people in there are just a bit too much.  Today I happened to be in Walmart for some non-grocery items, and saw a man a few feet from me back into a fixture to scratch his back, grizzly bear style.  I deliberately held my gaze until we made eye contact, hoping that he would realize he was in public and he needed to keep those moves for his own house, or forest, as the case may be.  Nope.  He was fine with it.  We made eye contact, and he kept on scratchin'.  That hasn't happened in Publix yet.  

Guess what has?  I can easily find someone to help me.  Everything is clean.  The buggies are so easy to push.  They don't treat me like a crazy person when I hand them my own shopping bags to use.  And someone loads my groceries in my van and returns the cart for me.  It's great.  And, I haven't noticed a difference in price yet.  I feel like such a princess.

Here's what I'm making with my food from Publix:



Cream of chicken and wild rice
Turkey wraps and cheetos
Pesto pasta with shrimp
Broccoli cheddar soup and bread
Steak and lettuce wedge

5 comments:

  1. There's Publix in Chatty now? I'm so jealous! I did a whole blog post a couple of years ago about why I love Publix: http://thehouseofanderson.blogspot.com/2009/01/where-shopping-is-pleasure.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely my fav store in town although unless you shop only the sales, you will start to notice a price difference. For that I try to make a big (child-free) run to Wally World every few weeks. Enjoy the pampering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you make the trek to the Publix out in East Brainerd? I've only been to the one in Ooltewah and I felt like I was in a fancy part of Nashville - it was so clean and people were so NICE... weird! Haven't taken the boys, but wondered about the shopping cart situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading your blog for the first time and so happy to see this post! in SC, we've had Publix for a while now. its by far my favorite grocery store. especially with kiddos. i avoid walmart like the plague and have for the last year since i started couponing. i'm not a crazy couponer, just a mom of 3 (6, 4, 2). walmart is overpriced when you shop sales and use coupons. even when buying diapers, formula, and other baby essentials. trust me, my 2 yr old is still in diapers :( make sure to take the kids to the bakery department and get your FREE kids club cookie for each when you are shopping with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we always get free deli slice of meat and a free cookie. It's almost like lunch!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...