Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hasta Luego, Broseph

I'm not going to miss the mess (including a shoe print on the back of his bathroom door), running the dishwasher EVERYDAY, the noise, higher water bill, and more.  (Wait, I WILL miss the noise.)



But I'm going to miss Broseph.  He moved out today and for a little bit will live about an hour and a half away.  There were no hugs between us-Burl got some, but not me.  No I love you's and I'm going to miss you's.  We're not those types of siblings.  As he got in his car, Burl and I waved goodbye from my front stoop and I rushed inside so he wouldn't see me.  I cried and I'm crying now.  

It was a lot of fun having Broseph here for four months.  He a big help with Burl:  holding him while I was trying to get out the door, came through if I needed a last minute sitter, or just someone to run in the room to see what made Burl laugh.  It was great having him around as just one more person to love on Burl.

What I'm going to miss most about having living with Broseph is just getting to spend a little bit of time with him sharing in life.  

Now I wonder, who is going to tease me about putting cream in my coffee, who is going to show me the latest YouTube videos and who is going to let me know how to improve my jokes?

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel...my sisters were here during the holiday and I miss that camaraderie that goes with living with someone that has a life outside of yours. I miss that getting ready together (doubt you and your brother did that), laughing at the same things,watching tv, etc. It is something that no one tells you will be something you miss as you are growing up. Of if they do, we don't care. Fun adults that you are related to are super fun to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww you're sweet. i won't make fun of you for putting cream in your coffee. that's why they call it half and half. half cream, half coffee, right?

    btw. in response to your last comment. go watch this http://www.hulu.com/watch/192338/glee-the-substitute
    specifically the very end and you will understand my post a little better. and then do yourself a favor and start watching glee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...