Saturday, March 26, 2011

Simple, Free, & Easy

Burl has been sick and contagious all week.  All week.  Everyday we have stayed home and played/slept/"enjoyed" daytime TV.  

At home.  A lot.  A whole week.  It's been AWESOME.  Never in my life would I think that I would enjoy being home this much.  I find myself loving the pace of moving from room to room.  Eating the same foods.  Having the same days.   


Literally, I can count on one hand how many times that I've spent an entire day at home.  Take out holidays and the count is down to 2.  

Something about having to stay home makes it all better.  If I stayed at home because I didn't have anything to do/anyone to see/anywhere to go, then I would spiral down and get lost in a tub of ice cream.   The key here is that Burl NEEDS to stay home.  I need to stay home.  We need to stay home.  That NEED is what I, well, needed to be more than happy to be homebound this week.  Very Refreshing.  

Awe, life.  Thanks for slowing us down.  {For a bit.}

2 comments:

  1. That was lovely....I love staying home when my kids are sick, you are right it slows you down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely days when there is nothing you can do but stay indoors and enjoy home. Hope Burl is better soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...