Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hungry For A Good Read?

Even though reading is a very, very fun thing for me to do, I have been in a drought lately.  Bone dry of good reads.  

For the record, if I'm going to read a serious book-something on prayer, parenting, Christian freedom, etc-I like to take my time.  Otherwise, I don't remember anything.


Fiction books are different.  (Besides the occasional Ron Rash books where I slowly take in his incredible writing,) I love to pick up a fiction book that I can't put down.  Some of my fastest, most recent page turners were:

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
Twilight Series
The Help
Those are all books that I would recommend to the typical gal.  I just finished another one that came highly recommended.  Here's what I knew about it:

1. It didn't sound like anything that I would ever enjoy reading
2. It was SOOOO GOOOD.  


If you haven't read it, then go, pick up a copy of the Hunger Games.  I just finished the first one and I'm about to start the second one (as soon as I finish this post).  To read more about it, click HERE.  Just take my word for it.  It's enthralling.  

2 comments:

  1. I had the same question as Nicolette - is that cosy corner in your home? It looks so nice to snuggle up and read in. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...