Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Playground. Cousins. Zip Line.

This morning, my sister-in-law and I took our kids to a playground in the woods for some good ole fashion cousin time.  My children have a special fondness for their cousins, who love on them so well.  The cousins show a gentleness with Fern, and they laugh at the crazy things Burl does and will "moo" right back at him.  Good times. 

One cousin opted out of the picture.


Playgrounds are still a test to me.  While Burl is fearless and pretty brave, I'm still a little scared when it comes to letting him do things on his own.  He's three and he's showing me that he's much more capable than I realize.  Letting Fern explore on her own is the same deal.  I basically have to talk myself down off of every overbearing-ledge.  Usually it goes, "Ok, Meg, what's the worst that can happen here?"  Usually it's just a hefty fall that can cause a broken bone and trip to the ER, but sometimes I work myself into this crazy mom thing.  A combination of being a new mom and already been to the ER for so many situations, I can get crazy in my head.



I play it cool on the outside, but on the inside I'm a bit on the dramatic side.  As I let go and trust and hope no injuries occur, I get to enjoy my kids having fun being kids.  I tell myself that accidents happen and it's part of this world.  Even the best moms can't guard from all accidents.




Today was one of those days where I let go and enjoyed watching the kids hoot and holler with fun.  My mother-in-law was there and got this video of Burl.  The three ohmygosh's don't come from me.  Those are my sil's, but I can assure you that I felt my stomach flip in hopes that Burl wouldn't fall.



We walked away all in one piece, remembering the fun we had with cousins.  
It was a great time at the playground in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...