Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Discarded Apple

I spotted the apple core that was browning on the dining room table.  We don't use it much, so I was surprised to see it there.  Ah, yes, I remember.  Burl was eating that apple in the car and carried it into the house when we got home.  It sits there for an hour or two to serve as a sign that there are babies in this house.  It's a trophy in a case.  It's a display in a museum.  It's a reminder that I won't find things like this in my house for very long.  And today it makes me think.


Today I think it's cute.
Today I treasure that discarded apple on the dining room table.
Today I appreciate that he followed all my instructions when we got home,
except that I forgot to tell him what to do with his apple.  
Today I'm thankful that I get to stay home and be a mom.
Today I love that discarded apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...