Monday, October 3, 2011

The Farm, 2011

It's that time of year again.  
My dad got a year older and we made the trip to his farm to celebrate.


Everything was about the same as last year...


The birthday boy cooked us a good meal - A Country Breakfast with a focus on pork.  Since he just had a pig slaughtered, we enjoyed smoked bacon, sausage, and the best ham I think that I've ever had.  There were some carbs in there too and one tomato, but we mainly kept to the meat.


We enjoyed the scenery and some slammin' good weather.  No clouds, cooler temps, lots of nature...perfection to a tee.


We threw Burl around like a sack of taters.  (That's a phrase that only comes up after a day in the country.  Yeehaw.)


My brothers acted crazy. And my dad encouraged it.





And we all played farmer for the day.  Whether we knew what we were doing or not.





Happy Burfday, Pops.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun! And that breakfast?? Sign me up. Yummmmmm-o

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...