Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Little Time With Burl

Once a week, Burl and I have a little routine.  We go to women's Bible study at church, where I hang out with other ladies and talk about the Bible while Burl heads to the nursery for play and snacks.  I love going-he loves going-win.win.  Then, we occupy ourselves for about an hour until it's time to meet my dad for lunch at the school where he cooks.  Usually we head to the playground, but today we ran some errands.  


I picked up my eggs, then headed to the bakery for fresh bread to go with our salad tonight.  Right across from the bakery is the district's sculpture garden.  It's big enough for a toddler to roam and small enough for me to follow him with a camera.  He proudly lead the way.


He saw his first butterfly there and I was able to capture the pursuit.  It was about that time that I started to wonder if I would ever be able to do this again.  To slow down, to be quiet, to be calm enough to snap a picture of a small thing chasing a smaller thing.  


While I introduced Burl to the art of dipping his feet in the fountain, I struggled to keep him from diving in, keep my sunglasses from falling , and photograph the cute moment.  Something about adding a second baby in there is going to make things a bit more challenging.  


With one month to go, I'm savoring and starting to miss my days of just one.  I know that I'll keep trying to make life fun, searching for baby adventures, recording them along the way, and maybe one of these days I'll get a decent picture of me being a mom.  Maybe.

But I will never stop the balancing act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...