Sunday, December 15, 2013

This Week's Menu

The last time I ate tamales, I was 18 and in Mexico. Recently, I was invited by one of John's coworkers to join her Mexican family in their annual tamale-making night. I'm sad to say that it's not going to happen. Rita was bound and determined, but there were too many obstacles. Can we all take a moment of silence to morn the loss of a perfect evening?


Thank you. 

Like every Sunday night, I'm posting my little menu:


Burgers and brussel sprouts
Grilled cheese and cream of tomato soup
Breakfast for dinner
Lemon-garlic kale salad

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to miss tamale making. Last Christmas a co-worker of my husband included us in their tamale making day. We took 3 of our boys and made enough to bring home a huge brown paper bag stuffed full of beef and pork tamales. We froze them for Christmas Eve and a couple other special occasions last winter. The kids are bugging me to do it at home but its so much work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need weekly menus like you. Maybe I'll just copy yours! Sometimes my brain is so tired of thinking, supper ends up being hodgepodge, last minute, random stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...