Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good Life Wednesday

If you ask my husband, then he will tell you that I love a good list.  Grocery list, meal lists, to-do lists, dream list, vacation list, reasons he loves me and ways I'm pretty lists, it's all good!  Nothing too crazy-don't want to come off needy.

When I saw that the Beach Cottage was doing a series called "Good Life Wednesdays," then I knew that I could make a list of things that I am enjoying right now.  Be warned, it's nothing too deep, borderline superficial.  Enjoy:


My Mom Mug.  A friend saw this at a craft show and she said that she thought of me, so she bought it for me.  It's one of those things that I would NEVER pick out for myself, but I love it.  It's my favorite mug...good handle, perfect size, and it fits in a car cup holder.  I've been known to pull it out of the dishwasher, wash it, and use it.  My old favorite mugs are starting to feel jealous.

Green Tea.  I'm still not sure if I believe the hype about Green Tea (or trust that my cheap-o green tea is the real deal), but I'm drinking it anyways.  It's like indulging in a midmorning and midafternoon snack without the guilt.  Also, it warms me up in these winter days and the days that my nose runs so much that my eyes join right in and run as well.  Sniff.


Hand-written Mail.  Yesterday I received a thank you letter from one of the women who came to the shower on Saturday.  Let's refer to it as "fan mail."  This woman who was so sweet and kept going on and on about how everything looked.  She even teared up when she saw our prayer tree, which might sound sappy, but it was quite endearing.  Also, I'm in love with her stationary.  We're talking Nice Stuff.


Projects.  I always dread the winter.  With all the cold and gloomy days, I get this seasonal depression thing where I dream of warm days.  It's not real depression, just a funk.  This year, I  came up with a plan: Do A Lot of Projects.  Let me tell you, this is the best plan ever.  It keeps me focused, driven, and excited about all the changes that are happening in my house.  My biggest, most favorite project is what I'm going to call The Great Stencil Project of 2011.  It's a doozy, but I'm loving it.  Pictures upon completion.


Good tissues with aloe.  My nostrils thank me.  Sniff-sniff.

Tissue Cover.  It might look a little girly, but sometimes mama needs something fancy.  White linen, embroidered flowers, souvenir from my mom from her Caribbean cruise, what's not to love?


The New Living Room Arrangement.  Come back tomorrow for that.  I've got before and after pictures, and I know we all like before and afters!

For more Good Lives, click the image below!  Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great list - I love it! I'm a new follower stopping by from Beach Cottage's Good Life Wednesday. Would love for you to visit me sometime: http://sallyleebythesea.com

    Thanks ~ have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't a good mug make all the difference? I have one particularly heavy one that I always go for.

    I had one similar to yours that everyone received at a dance in college. While studying one day, I saw it rise into the air (can't imagine how), turn over dumping the entire contents into my keyboard, and shatter on my dorm floor. That was the end of that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...