Friday, January 13, 2012

"I Make Bread"

Words that I never thought would come out of my mouth.  I like to cook, but baking-notsomuch.  It's a little intimidating to me.  Besides my bread machine, I've never been interested in making fresh bread.  Eating fresh bread-yes. Baking-no.



It's just too intense for me.  It's too scientific.  I like the art of cooking, and bread involves too much precision for me to enjoy it.  Until now.  Until I pulled that loaf out of the the oven, ripped it open, spread some butter on it and baam!  Heaven.


Burl's even in love with it's crusty exterior and soft middle.  Burl waits eagerly at the oven door for this slice of goodness.  We all do, but he's the only that let's it show.  Kids are cool like that.



It's changed our lives forever.  Or, for now at least.  We're all addicted.  It accompanies many of our meals these days.  On a couple of occasions, it's been our meal.  Wonderful.  It's so easy.  I just make a big batch that lasts for several days and grab a hunk of it when I want to bake a loaf.

Bada-bing, bada-boom!

I'm so glad that I asked for this book for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Recipe, please!? Again, let me tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. (lots!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...