Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm Down

Today I put the down comforter on our bed.  It replaced the matelasse that we use during the warmer (and better) months of the year.  
No, I'm not the person that decorates for the season.  That takes too much effort and storage.  Christmas decorations are my limit on seasonal decoration.  

I'm the person that adjusts to the time of year.  We used to babysit for a family that had a cool house in the winter and a warm house in the summer.  One time I was joking with them about this, and they told me that's how it should be.
I shouldn't keep my house at a comfortable 69-72 degrees all year long.  I should try to adjust to the seasons and not rely completely on the evil's of central heat and air. 

So, we've become the 64-78 degrees family  It's not that much different, but it does take some adjusting.  I know, I know...I'm pretty much a tree hugger.  Someone call Al Gore so he can give me a cookie for being so green. Just don't tell him about my 1012-minute one-on-one time with my hair dryer.
 I don't know why I'm writing all this out.  It's just that when the weather turns cold, I think about BEING cold and I don't like that feeling.  That's why I'm adding some warm, happy pictures.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...