Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cute Clutter

Everyone has two things:


1. Someone who is not related to them who basically should be related because they know everything and they've been there for everything.  

Well, mine is in town and we started looking at nurseries online and realized that we both LOVED Audrey's nursery.



2.  Stuff that they did as a child that still happens now.  For me, I loved to be in my room by myself and:

dance
play house
play store
rearrange my room*
and rearrange and rearrange all the knick-knacks on my shelves and dresser and desk*

*lots of time spent

And I still do all these now-the mature version, not the play version.  



One of these things I don't do as much-rearrange knick-knacks.  I hate them.  I feel like they make things cluttery.


As my sister {who is not related to me} and I were talking about Emily's house, I said, "I love how she has little things laid out and it looks so cute.  It doesn't look cluttery.  When I do it, it doesn't look as cute."



My sister {who's not related to me} said she thought the same thing!  We realized we do this with everything.  For fear of looking like I'm dressing up for theme day at my high school, I stay away from the cool Anthro look.  Hence, my standard t-shirt and jeans look.  

For fear of looking cluttered, I quit arranging little things that are pretty.  {Side note: I have a collection from my teens of little vases and creamers that are stored in my attic that I love and have stashed away.}


I'm going to stop that.  I want a cute, sophisticated look, and I'm going to try to get it.  Some days, it might not look right, but I'm going to keep trying.  That's where the fun is, right?

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. here is my advice (i give it to myself all the time), the things that you cherish most... put on display. enjoy those things daily. mine are paintings my kids did of my dad. they don't match my house. they don't match my muted color scheme. they are colorful. vibrant. and for a while they were stashed off in the corner. as of now... they are on display for everyone to see... take your cute collection out (if you love it) & share with others the things that you collect. thats my advice (and struggle) for what it is worth. i love this nursery too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...