Friday, November 5, 2010

Monogrammed Stationary

Here's my pre-apology: If you are my friend, then for the next few months, maybe years, you will probably get a homemade gift from me.  

Birthday. Wedding Shower. Baby Shower.  I'm making it all.  


Some turn out cute, some not so much.  Here is one that turned out great!  A gift for my friend, Mandy.  I can't take full credit for this.  I got my inspiration HERE.


List of necessities:
Flat white card and matching envelopes (I used card stock that I cut down to size)
Cute paper (Hello, Hobby Lobby)
Pencil
Disappearing glue stick
Scissors

One sheet of card stock
A computer and printer
Sewing machine
Corner cutter (optional, but highly recommended)



1. Print an initial on one piece of card stock.  Use a fun font. I used Georgia, size 150.  For more great fonts, go here.



2. Cut out the letter.  This will be your stencil.
3. Trace several letters on the back of your cute paper.



4. Cut out each letter.  This takes time.  I did it over the course of a week while watching TV with John, watching Burl roll around the floor, etc.  Eventually, I'll get one of these and things will move a lot faster.



5. Sew one, two, or three lines on the bottom of your card.  Horizontal or vertical.  Whateva.



6. Glob on the disappearing glue in the bottom corner.  Or center, whateva. It will gunk up on the seams, but no worries.  It disappears.



7. Press down yo letter.  #6 and #7 need to happen quickly!!!



8. Use the corner cutter if you like.  Right now, I LOVE my corner cutter.  I use it all the time.  (Especially when I make bookmarks!)

WA-LA.  I cute little gift!!!



4 comments:

  1. adorable! what a great gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever. We received a baby announcement a few years ago that was very similar - I remember thiking it looked very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And I'm borrowing the idea for our big family Christmas event invites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitched detail. Very sweet... I love notecards...they're so versatile...

    Thanks for linking this up to Creative Juice last week...{hope to see you back...link up should open tonight once my monsters are in bed!}

    <3
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...