Sunday, November 14, 2010

This Week's Menu

Here it is, my menu for the week.  Last week, Tanya sent me a great recipe that looks great (hello, kale, we've never met).  Any other healthy, sick-fighting, fat-burning recipes are greatly appreciated.  Send them MY WAY!


Killer Lasagna**
Cumin Chicken and Black Beans (that I meant to make last week)
Cream of Broccoli Soup with Cheesy Tomato Sandwiches

*This recipe involves Kale. I've never made anything with kale and I'm so excited.  It's cheap, super healthy, and makes the checkout girls lookup the produce code.  You know it's cool when they do that!!!  Is it weird that I know bananas are 4011...thank you, self checkout.

**The recipe for Killer Lasagna, my version:

Lasagna Noodles, oven ready is the easiest!!!

Meat Filling:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T dried basil leaves  
1 1/2 t salt
1 28 oz can of tomatoes (diced, petite diced, whatever)
12 oz can of tomato paste

Brown meat, spoon off fat, add other ingredients.  Simmer for 30 minutes or longer.

Cheese Filling:
large tub of cottage cheese (32 oz, I think)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 T dried Parsley
2 eggs
2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 pound sliced mozzarella (that's two packages. Yum)

Layer 9x13 pyrex with lasagna noodles.  Then, add half of cheese mixture (spread over noodles), then half the mozzarella & half the meat sauce.  Repeat layers.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.  Let stand before serving.

YUM!!!

2 comments:

  1. umm...the broccoli soup has white cheddar. remember what you said about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! I am so flattered that you even looked at that.Your food sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...