Monday, November 8, 2010

Evolution

Being pregnant with my first child, there was one thing that I heard over and over again, "It goes so fast!"  If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, then I would have AT LEAST $6.  Despite hearing it several million times, it did not mean anything until I had him.  



It hit me hard.  This life is just a speck on eternity.  A breath.  I want to soak it up, but I know that there are much bigger and better things to come.  For now, I'm enjoying Burl.



He was a newborn barely holding his eyes open.  Now, he's sitting up and playing with toys (on his bench/baby desk that his Granddaddy made for him).  

Watching him grab the string and see his feet was miraculous.  It's simply amazing to see him, to watch him, to witness a little newborn evolving into a toddler.  (Not trying to be dramatic, just trying to be accurate.)


My days are filled with watching Burl move, role, scoot, inch and "crawl."  His room is especially fun.  The other day, we were in there...me, folding laundry, Burl, flopping around.  Next thing I knew, he was rolling towards the crib.  I got nervous that he was going to hit his head, but this kid is smart.  He ducked under the railing and went right in.  I guess he wanted some private time.  



But, since I don't get any private time, he doesn't either.  I yanked him out of there and kissed on those cheeks.  (Those cheeks seem to be getting smaller these days...yet another thing to add to the list of things that go by quickly...)


He went back under the bed.  And I yanked him back out.  And I kissed those cheeks.  And we do it all over and over again.  And I hope that I can always remember each step along the way, because it really is a whole lotta fun.

2 comments:

  1. Ok..you make me want another baby. well, for a second anyway :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so friggin' cute, and yeah, it definitely goes by too fast. Remember that on the days that seem to be dragging and you just can't wait to hit the sack. I love the pictures. Great bench too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...