Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pot Fun

Well, I finally did something about it.  I've talked about my love for bringing a little mother nature inside, and I finally got my moneys together and bought some cute plants.  

One shady morning, Burl and I went outside to plant them.  I could have potted them during his nap, but that seemed so mean.  Denying Burl the pleasure of outside time.project time.and playing in the dirt time.  I just couldn't do it to him.  


For whatever reason, I took him out there shirtless.  He had his bottle scrubber.  {Don't think he LOVES cleaning.  Not at all.  It's his version of a stick.  He makes a motor noise and tries to use it as a chainsaw.}  And he had his cart, aka, lawn motor.  He.was.busy.  


And I was busy taking pictures of him.  The shirtless/long john combo was too cute for me.  


We were out there for over an hour.  And he got to play with just about anything he wanted.  {Except for that one time he put a handful of potting mix in his mouth.}  


It's so fun to watch him work and play and play and work.  He is really cute about the whole thing.  I would love to know what's going through his little head...


After a while, my mom came by the house.  She cleaned him while I cleaned the outside.  It was one of those really fun, no schedule, just be kind of days-which is always a nice change of pace.


This picture might be one of my favorites.  He had paused to look around to see what he wanted to play with next.  Also, I hardly ever take pictures from behind, but I still love that little neck and those little shoulders.  I'm glad I got a "record" of them.  And I'm so glad we had that time.

1 comment:

  1. That one lady was right. You'll treasure these pictures and notes one day...even though you already are! Love it. Gettin' grubby! What we have to look forward to!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...